The holidays are here and it is beautiful in England. There is definitely a lot more to do and see then where we came from in the U.S. This will be our second Christmas in England. Our social calendar is full with things that we had fun doing last year as well as a few new things.
Our December holiday plans include:
- Watching the Reindeer parade in our small town.
- Hamley’s annual Christmas Parade. Hamley’s is the worlds largest and oldest toy store. Each year they put on a parade as well as a street fair on Regent’s Street.
- Going to Windsor Castle where they have a very special Christmas program. They open the rooms so we can see the Christmas trees, perform a pantomime, kids crafts, carols, and much more. It’s such a fun way to see the Castle.
- We will take the kids to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. We went last year and had so much fun on the rides, walking around the Christmas markets and the many biergartens.
- We started a tradition last year where we take the kids to Hamley’s in London so they can buy their sibling gifts for each other. They get to walk around the store with one parent and decide on a few items that they would like. Then the other sibling gets to choose which of those items to buy for them. Of course, they can’t wait until Christmas Day so they get to play with the gift as soon as they get home.
- This year we added Christmas racing at Ascot. We’ve been trying to get to a horse race and felt that this would be a fun way to see some horse jumping and celebrate the holidays.
- Sleeping Beauty Pantomime: We had no idea what pantomimes were until we attended our first last year, Jack and the Beanstalk. We loved it and the kids were talking about it for months. This year we’ll be seeing Sleeping Beauty. It’s a mixture of singing, comedy, and just general goofiness.
That is keeping us pretty busy this December.
On the website front, I continue to write, work on the backend of the site, and working on a logo! I’m looking forward to a great start for 2018.